Sarabi- The Lion King BTS

8:27 AM


If you don't know the movie The Lion King? Your childhood was boring!
And this is the reason why I was so busy since last year. 
After almost a month of showing, as obvious, I was still so busy and there are a lot more events and happenings that is a must share with y'all! 

Spot for me!
           I've been in the Performing Arts Office- Repertory Brigid for five years from now and I've witnessed how our family- the PAO-RB Family had been through and how it step up its performance' level and standards behind a multi-talented man; no other than the one and only Mr. Amado Ariel G. Hagos II, our artistic director, nothing is impossible.

         But Yes, you're reading it right, we successfully made it. The Lion King Musical. This musical piece was the award-winning broadway musical and our version was translated to Filipino language from dialogues to songs and was clearly given justice by the artists. But before I formally start with the blogpost proper, I would like to apologize about the pictures that I would be inserting here because the best images and videos that are meant to be uploaded here were all on my hard drive and unfortunately, my hard drive was lost and wasn't returned to me :( Anyway, I'll skip my storytelling to the preparation and behind the scenes of every shows. 

Sarabi

      I played the role of Sarabi. She is the queen of the Pride Lands in The Lion King. She is the mate of Mufasa, the sister-in-law of scar, and the mother of Simba.

sarabi and mufasa ( josh de villa)

(c) Sir Sonny

Appearances: Sarabi's first appearance was in the first scene of: Circle of Life, taking its role as the Queen of the pride lands handed the baby simba with mufasa and Rafiki. Sarabi takes part in the musical number, "The Lioness Hunt." She is also seen mourning Mufasa and Simba when Scar reports their deaths to the pride. Lastly, she is called by her brother-in-law to question why the hunting party has stopped hunting. Sarabi tells him that there is no food or water left, that the herds has move on, and that they need to leave Pride Rock in order to survive. Scar refuses, and when Sarabi snaps at him about not being half the king Mufasa was, Scar strikes his sister-in-law, claiming that he is ten times the king Mufasa is. Simba, hearing this, comes from hiding and comforts his mother. This scene was my favorite part of being me with this role because of the fun adlibs and weird sound effects me and scar were making during slap HAHAHA! I can't forget the show when I had so much adlib lines because scar wasn't slapping me yet and I was like bumububulaga na to scar's eyes like telling "slap me now!" hahaha anyway, we survived.  

me and rafiki on the pride lands. this photo was taken from the orchestra pit 


         
In the other hand, I have another role in the musical play, I am one of the so called African dancers since I wasn't on stage all the time and I have the enough talent needed to be one of those dancers hehe our appearance in this role was only during the scene, He lives in you Reprise 😁 


          It was three or four scenes before I need to enter as new character so I have a lot of time to prepare and change costumes but after this scene, I'm having a quick change to Sarabi again because its only two short scenes before I enter and of course, there's a time that I entered late in the scene because of having a hard time changing clothes but still, I survived the sermon afterwards hehe. 

Hair and Make-up

I and we (casts) do our own make ups. in this photo, i'm just retouching it because we only have few minutes gap between shows

We don't necessarily have to tied up our hair with style because we always have headress. we just need to secure our hair the there should be no lose hair bun.



After our target show dates of I think 15 to 18 shows only, surprisingly we did 28 shows because of a lot of requests from different schools and organizations that wanted to showcase the show. After the season of stage plays, we are still being invited by certain companies, organizations and schools to perform a short piece of The Lion King Musical until the month of September because they still have the #LionKingHangOver. 



     








But now, the St. Bridget College Performing Arts Office has something for you for this coming January .. 
Abangan (watch out/ soon ... )
if you want to know more about the musical play we had, the casts, the costumes, and how we did the props, just leave a comment below what you want to know more. 

Hakuna Matata!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Powered by Blogger.

Instagram Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images